Sustainable Fashion Campaigner
The position will lead EJF’s research (desk and field-based), compiling robust and inspiring reports, briefings, web copy and social media, and working with the film team to produce films. The Campaigner will lead advocacy with the private sector, media, governments and the public to create a sustainable fashion coalition with measurable impact for the environment and people.
The role will:
- devise effective consumer outreach – using digital and traditional media platforms, public-facing events, innovative partnerships, celebrity support and film to build support and engagement for the campaign goals;
- engage retailers and challenge them to commit to higher levels of organic sourcing;
- identify and highlight policy measures and actions for parliamentarians in the UK and Europe to address ‘fast fashion’ and support fashion sustainability;
- engage the fashion industry, designers and other thought leaders (including fashion colleges) to promote transparency in supply chains and support for sustainability goals;
- network with like-minded organisations to develop collaborations in support of shared goals.
Essential skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years relevant professional experience.
- Degree-level education.
- Superb communications and inter-personal skills - ability to give winning presentations in writing, face to face and as a public speaker to a range of audiences.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise work flows.
- A proactive, creative, friendly and confident personality.
Applications: please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 2nd August 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
EJF is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.