Assistant to the Directors and Office Manager
- Provide effective office management – ensuring the office is secure, well-maintained and runs efficiently; maintain equipment and supplies and ensuring IT and communications needs are met.
- Act as the main point of contact and welcome at the office, answering phones and ensuring hosted meetings and external communications can run smoothly.
- Develop effective systems for the t-shirt sales and marketing, processing incoming orders, stock-checks / re-ordering. Researching and following up on opportunities to expand the sales (pop-up shops, online and ethical partners, events and online marketing).
- Support effective volunteer recruitment, coordination and management.
- Undertake basic financial tasks including managing petty cash, paying cheques into the bank and dealing with incoming items of mail.
- Support the management of the database, including data inputting.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Minimum of 2-years experience in office management, marketing or retail sales.
- Management of IT systems and / or database, preferably supporter management.
- Ability to manage multiple issues, meeting priority needs on time and on budget.
- Great communication skills – in writing and in person.
- Proactive and solution-oriented, tenacious, highly-organised and genuinely self-motivated.
- Enthusiastic, out-going and friendly, able to work in a small team with minimal management.
- Managing a small team of staff or volunteers.
- Employment or volunteer work in the not-for-profit sector.
- Demonstrable commitment to the protection of the environment and human rights.
Applications: Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm, Friday 7th June 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
EJF is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.